Wednesday, February 5, 2020

My Introduction

Hello, everybody, and welcome be!

Who am I?

My name is Manu, but I'm known as Corvus Bruxo Luggenikos in the online world. I'm 32 years old and I am from the province of Cádiz (Andalusia, Spain). I'm a Pagan polytheist, an animist, a nativist and I'm also really passionate about the things I love. I'm also a native Spaniard, still living in Southern Spain, so please, forgive me in advance for any atrocity I may commit while using English. This takes me double the effort to express the most simple things.

And this is what this blog is all about: my passions. Not about my beliefs, nor my political views. It's about my interests, my passions, my cultural background, all things entertainment I like. And of course, about sharing it all with you. About showing you stuff that you may not know yet, but like, or about sharing the things we already have in common.

Although I already have 2 YouTube channels (with basically no following, which is fine), one devoted to history, folklore, mythology, paganism and the occult, and the other, devoted to entertainment, this one particular blog will work as a support platform for the entertainment channel, since I am currently unable to film and edit as much as I'd like.

What can you expect from this?

Well, just recommendations, opinions and other similar material, about things I love (or despise). Nothing more, and nothing less.

What do I like?

My taste is quite wide, and I do not have a philosophical stance for them: I can enjoy as much what's underground and alternative, finding little, hidden jewels, as I can enjoy something mainstream and of great popularity.

I love music, spanning through more than 20 genres. I love traditional music, both, my background's traditional music (I am Andalusian, so I clearly drink much from Andalusian tradition and Flamenco, but I also have roots in Asturias, Navarre and Basque Country, France, Morocco and Sephardic Jews) as much as authentic world's music. I love fucking Metal (Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Doom Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Metalcore, Nu Metal, etc.). I love Rock. I love Alternative Electronica (Industrial, EBM, Synthpop, Darkwave, etc.). And of course, I love any crossover between these genres (Folk Metal, Andalusian Rock, Flamenco Metal, Symphonic Metal, Gothic Metal, Industrial Metal, Horror Punk, etc.).

I love TV series: Horror, Superheroes, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Drama, Family, Supernatural, Action, Police Procedure, Thriller...

I like, although a bit less, movies. About the same genres, but you can also add Romantic Comedy. It's my "guilty pleasure".

And I also like literature a lil' bit. My reading taste is limited to Horror, Supernatural, Mystery and Fantasy (such as Urban Fantasy, for example), though. I also read academic and educational material, but that falls under the concept of the other blog.

How does the blog works?

It'll be easy: first I will present the material I wanna review, recommend or what have you. In case of reviewing something structured (film series, an album, or similar), then I will adress each concept (each movie, each song, etc.) separately. Then I'll close the article. Simple, isn't it?

In the case of movies, I may add links to the trailer, particular scenes I love, or maybe quote dialogues or monologues that are cool, who knows. In the case of albums, I will for sure quote my favourite lines for each song (if I have any and understand the language they sing in) and link to the music video, if the song has any.

The material that I will address here is basically what's too exhaustive or complex to address in a video, so I won't risk missing the juiciest details in a video.

And nothing else to say. I hope my weird mix of underground and mainstream makes you interested in this I express and offer, that we share interests and that we help each other find new insteresting stuff we didn't know.

Dearly,
Corvus Bruxo Luggenikos.

No comments:

Post a Comment